Choose 1, 2 or 3 classes from below
Have you ever seen an image and wondered “How’d they do that?” Have you captured a priceless moment in a photograph that just doesn’t look that great? Do you have a business that you would like to promote visually? Maybe you’d like to get better at typography? Would you enjoy an image of your cat playing the drums? …Then this class is for you.
Multimedia artist Shaun Machia leads a fun workshop-oriented class that appeals to all levels of experience.
What to bring:
- Any compatible laptop or portable computer with photoshop installed.
- Install Photoshop free 7 day trial at https://www.adobe.com/products
- See if your system meets the requirements here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
What you will go home with:
- Reference files and Lesson plan
- Cheat sheets of the basic tools, commands and vocabulary
- New image editing and design skills
Crash Courses include a brief demo with course materials that break it down step-by-step along with personal coaching.
July 11 – Working With Layers
(Experience Level 0-3)
Introduction to layers, selection tools, typography and brushes.
- For those who are new to Photoshop
July 18 – Background Replacement
(Experience Level 1-8)
Fine tuning selections, masks and color matching.
- For those who understand the basics of layers.
July 25 – Photo Retouch
( Experience level 5-10)
High-end techniques for beauty work, blemish removal, color toning and object removal.
- For those who understand layers, selection techniques and masking.
(Software installation is the student’s responsibility: free trial at: adobe.com/products)
By creating an environment that nurtures the individual’s creativity, interests and level of experience, this class will step-up your graphic design and photo editing game. By providing course materials that alone are worth the registration price, students will leave each class with new realms of possibility to explore.
Please email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaun Machia holds a Bachelor of Science in Digital Media Production from the Art Institute of Philadelphia, where he focused on visual effects and compositing. Born and raised in Essex, VT, Shaun now lives in Newbury, VT where he works for himself and for Rock Farmer Records producing film and graphic design.